The Corn Market in the center of the town there is a Celtic cross where merchants clinched deals and lovers swore oaths of everlasting love and loyalty. The town motto ‘Live and Let Live’ is carved into the central pediment.
Castle Balfour is of great historical significance. Built in 1614, the castle featured prominently in the 1641 rebellion and was inhabited up to the late 19th century, when it caught fire and partially collapsed. The castle is currently undergoing major restoration to restore it to it’s former glory as a focal point for the town.
Crom Castle dates back to the seventeenth century and was home to the Crichton family, who later became the Earls of Erne. The castle had a strong strategic position on the lake shore, and played a role in the Williamite wars. The old farm buildings house a visitors centre in which provides information about the Erne Navigation.
The River Erne is located three miles southwest of the town, and provides good fishing from the bridges or the shore.
The Ballindarragh River is one mile northwest of the town, and is recognised as one of the best fishing rivers in the area.
There are Mountain lakes Northeast and East of the town, which are renowned for their trout and coarse fishing.